I really love these cakes. You wouldn’t think lavender would work in a cake but alas, the universe like to surprise doesn’t it? They are so delicate and dainty. I love this recipe and I think you will too.
You will need:
- 120ml milk
- 3 tablespoons lavender flowers
- 120g plain flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40g softened butter
- 1 egg
For the Frosting
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 80g Butter
- 25ml milk
- Tablespoon dried lavender flowers
A 12-hole cake tray lined with paper cases.
- Put the milk and dried flowers in a jug, cover and leave overnight. Do the same with the milk and flowers for the frosting in a separate jug.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the flour, butter, baking powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl and slowly beat until combined and sandy.
- Strain the lavender milk and beat into mixture. Add the egg and beat well.
- Split the mixture between cases and bake for 20/25 mins. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the icing sugar, butter and food colouring in a mixer.
- Pour the strained lavender milk into the mixture then continue beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
- When cupcakes are cool, spoon frosting onto cupcakes.
Enjoy baking my lovelies!
Lots of love